As informed by the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, it is now mandatory for employers to allot UAN to all the employees. In addition to this, all employees must necessarily activate their UAN number and link the PF number to it.
Going ahead, employers will not be able to upload ECR to the system without the details of employees’ UAN number. Hence, no challan will be processed.
Penalty, interest, and damages will be charged from the employer in case of delay in challan payment.
Every employee of an organization with an active PF account is alloted a UAN.
With UAN you can you can easily access your PF profile and download online passbook, request for transfer and change.
To avail these benefits you must create login by visiting UAN Homepage.
Activation of the UAN Number is very easy. Follow these 5 simple steps.
1. Go to the following link first.
2. Upon opening the link, you will be asked to fill the following details:
- Your Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Your mobile number
- Your Provident Fund member ID
3. Once you fill the details, you will recieve a code on your registered mobile number (the number you have just entered).
4. Check the SMS sent to your mobile number and type the code in the text box.
5. Once the activation is complete, you will be prompted to create a login user id and password for accessing the UAN services. Having done this, your UAN will be activated soon.
To activate your UAN, Click here
For more information pertaining to Employee's Provident Fund and UAN, visit: Click Here
For FAQS on UAN Click Here